Saturday, November 20, 2010

Too Much Free Time

K left for several months training. I thought I had prepared myself pretty well for his departure, this isn’t my first rodeo after all, but I’m lonely and bored. I’m giving serious consideration to picking up a part time job in the evenings and on the weekends to help keep myself busy while he’s gone. However I like having holidays, nights and weekends off. Also, most of the hiring positions available for night and weekend hours are retail jobs, and I’ve paid my dues there already. I worked several retail jobs to pay my way through college and it wasn’t exactly the highlight of my working life, but you do what you have to.


I’m going to start working out 6 days a week instead of just 4, so that should take up more time after work. And maybe I should look into taking some community classes on the weekends. I could always learn how to do pottery, or take some cooking classes, or photography classes…

Or, I could finish all those projects I’ve started. I need to finish quilting my mini starter quilt, sew the blanket K had bought me the material for, finish making the Christmas presents for my MIL, SIL, and GmaIL…

No comments:

Post a Comment