Thursday, August 26, 2010

Operation Knit

For Christmas my aunt gave all of her nieces a pair of knitting needles as a stocking stuffer. I love to do needlework and have done a lot of embroidery, cross stitching, crocheting and latch hooking but have never tried knitting. She showed me how to use them and I was hooked. Immediately I looked for a book of beginner knitting patterns and worked on a few simple scarves and pot holders before trying a patterned scarf. It took me forever to complete, but I finally did last night. And here is the finished project.








K came up with the idea that I would knit hats for all of our nieces and nephews for Christmas. We have 5 so it gets a little expensive buying gifts for his grandma, our parents, his brother and sister and their spouses and the nieces and nephews (my side of the family was smart and we draw names between my sisters and my cousins and we all go together to buy the grandparents and parents a gift – much less presents to buy so you get better gifts!) I found a few very cute patterns and need to start the first hat tonight.

I know it’s early, but I am a planner so I have a few ideas for Christmas gifts for the women, I saw a moss wreath wrapped in a satin ribbon in a home décor magazine for like 60 bucks but I know that I can make one for around 10 so I think that’s what I’m going to do for my mother-in-law and sisters-in-law and grandmother-in-law. No idea what to do for the guys yet.

1 comment:

  1. Marie - what a wonderful job! I crochet and have wated to learn how to knit...but I'm a chicken and a pessimist when it comes to think I can or can't do anything.

    What an inspiration this is!!

    ReplyDelete