Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Best Part of Waking Up...

Is NOT the stinky treadmill neighbor at the gym.

 

I've started working out in the mornings before work because I was feeling like I never had any time during the day to just chill and do nothing. I used to get up at 7, be to work by 8, get off work at 5, go to the gym, be home at 7, cook/eat/clean supper and then it was about 9, so I showered and went to bed. Now, I go to the gym at 5:30am and have the rest of the evening free (except when it snows).

 

I have been enjoying this change…until this morning. Now, I realize no one is going to shower before heading to the gym at 5 in the morning, but at least do a quick sniff test! I had about ½ a mile left when she stepped on the treadmill next to me. Immediately I could smell the BO. It was nauseating. I couldn't focus, I couldn't run, I couldn't breathe. Now, I'm a farm girl. I grew up on the farm, AND I'm married to a guy in the military. I've smelled cows and 5 days of "in the field with no shower". I'm used to stink. But this was worse. The only thing I could do was leave and hop on a stationary bike at the other end of the gym. Not exactly folgers in my cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment