Sunday, February 13, 2011

Family Pains

Not too long from now I will be bringing Soldier home! I am beyond excited and cannot wait until he is back home and can take over snow removal duties! No, I just want him home with me. I didn't think anything could bring me down until I got a call from his parents. They are planning on coming down for his graduation as well, which is great, that haven't been to anything of his. Not his basic or AIT gradution or his LDAC grad so I'm glad for him that they will be there. He's worked so hard so I'm glad he'll have a few more people there to congratulate him.
But....they want to make a big family vacation out of it and come down early and stay later. I'm not even coming down as early as they will be because K still has to be at training everyday until he graduates. He doesn't have free time to hang out. So I was a little disappointed that they were going to be there already when I get to see him for the first time in over a month. And I know Soldier wants to get home right away because it's been awhile since he's been home.
I make it a practice to NEVER complain or say anything negative about Soldier's family because they're basically nice and I don't have any problems with them, other than with things like this. And I don't want him put in the middle or feeling like he needs to pick sides. I know he's the baby and the last one to leave the nest, but sometimes I feel they cling a little too much and I'm not sure how to tell them we need some alone time together and that K has told me that the minute they are released we are jumping in the car to head home.

3 comments:

  1. Ugh, I know the feeling. Except the hunny is an ONLY child. His mom insists on coming to everything. She even came to our wedding 2.5 hours early, not even my mom did that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across your blog on milblogging.com, and I'm really enjoying it! When you have been separated from your love for so long, it's sometimes hard to "share," isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What dilemma does the author face in terms of expressing her desire for alone time with Soldier, and why is she concerned about putting him in the middle?
    Greting Telkom University

    ReplyDelete