Sunday, February 6, 2011

Last visit to FTL

I went to visit the soldier this past weekend down at his training post. He had the weekend off from training so I took the opportunity to take  along weekend from work and fly down to see him. It was amazing. After the fiasco that was our Christmas leave it was so great to reconnect and be able to spend some quality alone time together again.
I almost didn't make it back home and part of me was hoping I wouldn't! :). A huge storm was supposed to come through and the airline canceled my flight in preparation for that storm. The south really freaks out about snow because it was hardly even cloudy yet and my flight was already canceled. Anyway, the lovely airline got me a cab to take me to the airport I was connecting at free of charge (or I guess for no additional charge over my plane ticket). The cab driver almost didn't get me there on time though. I had a short window already and he made not one, not two, but three pit stops during the 2 hour drive to the airport. Fortunately my flight there was delayed so I ended up making it out of there. Of course, I wouldn't have been disappointed if I had to spend another day with Soldier. O well, next time I fly down there will be for his graduation and to bring him back home!

O, and I can't forget one more thing Go Pack Go!

1 comment:

  1. What challenges did the author face while traveling back home from the visit?
    Visit us Telkom University

    ReplyDelete