Thursday, September 23, 2010

Impatiently Waiting

I am getting very excited and cannot wait to move into our new house. I am soo ready to be done with this apartment. I have been here for several years and it is falling apart, literally. A corner of the building is sinking and it’s putting stress on the beams which is causing them to press through the sheetrock. You can see the distinct outlines of the beams through the walls. We also have a very long crack running the length of our ceiling and a water mark just appeared on our ceiling last month, so the roof’s leaking too. The floors slope so badly towards the middle that we had to put phone books under the bookshelves to keep them level.



For these reasons and so many more I am impatiently counting down the days until we are out of here. Of course, then I remember that as soon as October comes we are just that much closer to K leaving and then I don’t want it to be here so quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment