Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Baby on His Mind

The soldier has some serious baby hungries. We were walking through Scheels the other day and he probably pointed out a dozen baby clothes saying how cute and little they are. I just couldn't help but chuckle at him. We've had many conversations about when to start a family. He would start trying tomorrow, I think waiting till we're 27-30 sounds like a good time to start having kids. He just looks shocked and says, "We'll be 30 by the time we do!!".

I know it's selfish, but I still have a lot I want to do before we have kids. I want to buy a house, go back to school to get my Masters and do a lot more traveling. Plus, we can make plans at the drop of the hat without worrying about lining up a babysitter, and let's face it, kids are a drain on the pocket book. All you moms out there must be horrified by reading this, knowing the joy your kids bring to your lives. But I think this just shows I'm not ready for kids yet. Of course, I know that when we plan God laughs, so thats not to say that I wouldn't be thrilled if he chose to give us one tomorrow, but I do think I'd rather wait a few more tomorrows if I have a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment