Sunday, July 18, 2010

Weekend in Review

Finally just got home after a very busy end to the week and a weekend away from home. This weekend was my friend's fiancee's funeral. I went with a few of our friends and it was a very sad service. The 82nd Airborne flew down to be the pallbearers and give him military honors at the funeral. It was very touching to see those men become so emotional over a soldier they probably did not know. My friend is still grieving very much but is starting to accept that he is gone. I believe the funeral actually helped her.
Immediately after the funeral I drove up to where K works and he got off early and we headed to his parents to visit them for the weekend. We don't get down there enough so it was nice to see them. Just got home an hour ago and realized immediately on entering that we forgot to take out the garbage before we left. STINKY!
I checked our mail and saw that I have a Summer Swap package from Renee at Waiting to Exhale waiting at the post office, so I'm excited to pick that up tomorrow. Then I headed out to my garden and had a meals worth of beans to pick and several more tomatos, peppers and yellow squash are coming in. I even saw a few cucumbers that were starting! Can't wait for another month when they should be big enough to pick. My mother-in-law gave me 3 strawberry plants so I planted them and hope they'll do ok. I then planted more beans and peas and should have another batch of those in September. I hope you all had a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I hate when I leave the trash when I go away! I've become pretty good at remembering that one lately (knock on wood). Glad your plants are progressing well!

    ReplyDelete