Thursday, June 10, 2010

Marriage 15

Believe it or not I have found a new love in running. Last month I ran a 5K. I was so happy for me because I had let myself get severely out of shape after we got married. I am a very lucky gal in that he does most of the cooking…..with butter….lots of it. One day I weighed myself and I had gained 25 pounds since we had gotten married. Yep, 25! And no, I didn’t really notice, I really only wore either dress clothes (which fit looser) or sweatpants lounging at home, and it was the winter. I never did have a habit of weighing myself, even through college I never gained the dreaded Freshman 15, I was always active playing all types of sports, so as long as I was moving I didn’t really pay attention to what my number was.

Well, somehow after that I managed to gain another 15 lbs (well, not somehow, I started my job and it’s primarily a desk job) and had to go up a clothing size.

After that shock on the scale, I knew something had to change, now. I made some drastic changes in what I ate. I now do the cooking and have tried to go to more of a raw veggie/fruit, lean protein diet and cut out anything you can buy in the middle of the grocery store. A dietitian game me this advice, he told me to do all of my shopping along the outside walls of the grocery store and never go down the middle aisle. I thought this was kind of weird until I thought about it, all of your produce, dairy, grains and meats are located on the outer walls of the grocery store, everything else is just processed packaged crap.

I also started working out, 6 days a week for at least 45 minutes a day. I started this in February and since then I have lost 37 pounds! I’m back in the “normal” range for my height/weight and have more energy than ever. And my husband isn’t complaining too much either ;). To celebrate my success I ran a 5K and I just signed up to run a 10K in October. I am very excited and can’t wait for this rain to stop so I can get in some running outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment