Tuesday, June 29, 2010

O How My Garden Grows!

I absolutely love to garden and while I live in an apartment I try to do what I can. It's so relaxing to come home after a stressful day at work and spend some time watering and weeding outside. I didn't get on the band wagon quick enough this spring to rent a plot in town for a garden, so I've been growing a few things on our patio. We have a pretty big patio so I was able to put a lot of pots out there. I have peppers, jalapenos, tomatoes, lettuce, beans, peas, cucumbers, zucchini and yellow squash.

So far I have ton of lettuce and a few budding peppers and tomatoes. But this evening after work while I was watering I noticed this pepper on steroids. The rest of the peppers are just the size of gumballs so this one must be stealing all the miracle grow. I do have a decent sized tomato and jalapeno now too.

I can't wait until everything is growing - as you can see I have some flowers on the yellow squash in the background, but no fruit development yet. Hopefully when we get home from our 4th weekend there will be some!

1 comment:

  1. You are so lucky that your plants are growing so well! It's been so hot here that it's impossible to keep anything alive....it was even on the news that we will have a shortage in our tomato crop b/c of the heat!

    ReplyDelete